Title: Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Sales Director
Location: Flexible – but minimum one day per week in Sheffield
Who are we?
Airship is a SaaS company with a focus in hospitality. We’re a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do.
We have three platforms that help our customers generate revenue:
Airship (airship.co.uk) is a data driven loyalty engine specifically designed for hospitality operators. We bring together all the clients data feeds and provide marketing tools that drive an ROI through automation and campaign tools. We have specific tools that help our clients understand and affect the visit frequency of their customers.
Toggle (usetoggle.com) enables clients to generate pre-sold revenue through the sale of gifts, experiences and promotions. It launched in October 2018 and has quickly grown to be a leader in the sector with over 100 customers across 500+ locations.
Trck.to (airship.co.uk/trck.to) was developed in response to Covid-19 to enable operators to quickly roll out Track and Trace in response to guidance from UK Government.
Collectively, our products are used in over 9,000 locations nationwide from larger groups such as Costa Coffee, Rosa’s Thai, Revolution Bars, Pret a Manger, Roadchef and The Alchemist through to many independent operators.
We are a team of 20 and are now ready for an additional Business Development Exec to help us kick on to that next level.
What we need (and you need to know…)
We need someone to come into the business and take ownership of the small to medium level sales opportunities; both self-generated by sourcing your own leads, as well as handling those currently flowing into the business on a daily basis.
We need someone to help us build on our current momentum, engaging with potential customers of all sizes across UK Hospitality who we’re not yet speaking with. We’re really excited by the opportunity to bring someone on whose daily focus is to generate new opportunities – we can’t wait to see what you can do.
You’ll be working closely with the Sales Director, Customer Success Team, and the existing Sales Team. You’ll be responsible for generating your own sales (alongside the inbound opportunities) & hitting targets across our three platforms. Winning new business, and liaising with our Customer Success team to ensure the best experience for new customers. We would love your work to be the result of a real passion for sales, being part of a team, and most importantly, delivering value for the customer.
When you join, we’ll immerse you in Airship, Toggle, trck.to and the industry. This deep understanding of not only what the products are, but what they mean to our customers, is vital. We’re supportive, informal and love what we do; but we’re driven – we expect you to be the same.
Airship is a growing force in the sector. We’re well known and highly regarded, but that’s been built up over the years predominantly through face to face. There is so much further we can go. This is a massively exciting time to join a company that’s looking to grow rapidly – you’ll be instrumental in making that a success.
What will you be doing?
This is a hands-on role. Roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. The key to the position is generating new sales opportunities & balancing the flow of inbound leads; whilst upholding the reputation we’ve worked so hard to build. Making the most of all our existing integrations, case studies, relationships and PR to open as many doors as possible into new customers & sectors.
- Building your own pipeline of new business opportunities, across all three of our platforms. Through a combination of direct calls, emails & social media sales.
- Ensuring that customers & prospects are engaged in a way that only improves our reputation, always with respect.
- Handing new customers over to our Customer Success team in a manner which gives the best opportunity for delivering the client immediate value.
- Building your own network of operators & suppliers in hospitality to grow your reach within our sector.
- Being a pair of eyes & ears for our Product Development & Customer Success teams, to ensure that we continue to evolve (and quickly) in the right direction.
- To build your own understanding & appreciation of the UK hospitality sector.
- Maintaining your own forecasts & reporting of sales opportunities on a minimum of a rolling 3 month basis.
- Working closely with our Sales Director to support larger opportunities & projects – with an aim to eventually take these opportunities on yourself.
- Bringing a level of enthusiasm & positivity to the role.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for…
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Comfortable making cold calls & sending cold emails to new prospects
- A creative mindset & a never-say-die attitude.
- A passion for your profession & ambition to progress.
- Highly organised and able to react quickly to opportunities.
- Great reporting and attention to detail in recording progress.
- High work ethic, and ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to speak with people at all levels
It would be beneficial, though not essential if you also…
- Have some hospitality experience. We are hospitality focussed and therefore it would be useful to have an understanding of our audience, who they are and what the problems are that we solve for them.
- Excellent sales skills and a proven track record of achieving KPIs.
- Have some experience working in the SaaS (Software as a Service) industry.
Salary & Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £20,000 – £26,000 depending on experience + attractive commission structure with OTE of £40k
- Job Location: Flexible – but minimum one day per week in Sheffield
- Holidays: 20 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us
- Share Options: EMI Scheme in operation for team members
- Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, they’re welcome.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com including an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter.