- We’re a tech company building software for the restaurant and hospitality sector.
- We’re looking for a motivated, tech-savvy Customer Success Manager who is looking to join a small, friendly team where they feel they can really make a difference.
- It’s a flexible role with opportunity for remote working.
Interested? Read on…
Who are we?
Airship is an established SaaS (software as a service) company based in Sheffield. We have two products that serve the best and most exciting brands in the UK hospitality industry – think Byron, The Alchemist, Leon, Turtle Bay, Chilago, Boxpark and many more.
Don’t be misled by the word ‘established’ however – we’re in an exciting phase that’s much more akin to a start-up with the recent release of one of our products, and a new proposition for our other.
Here are our two products:
A CRM platform that brings our customer’s data into one place, allowing them to dig into their data, segment it and broadcast emails to their own customers. If you’re in charge of the marketing for a hospitality company and you want to do amazing digital marketing, Airship is the platform for you.
A platform that allows customers to sell and manage their gift cards and experiences online, and have them redeemed in their venues. It’s a young, exciting product that’s simplifying the confusing process of managing gift cards in business and is starting to make waves in the industry.
We’re a small team all pulling in the same direction with a focus on camaraderie, support, good work and good fun.
What will you be doing?
Your role as a member of the Customer Success team starts the moment a customer decides they want to use us, and you’ll be by their side throughout their time with us, ensuring they get the most value from our products.
When we have a new customer, you’ll be helping them through the set up process, talking them through its functionality and training them to use it. With all our customers you’ll help them make use of our products themselves, and sometimes dive in, hands-on, where they need us to act as an extension of their marketing department.
From a support perspective, you will be responsible for working directly with customers to help them grow into our products, answer questions, track feedback, troubleshoot and report and escalate issues to our technical people.
And from a marketing perspective, you will also sometimes work hands-on with our clients to guide and help them set up effective campaigns and automated emails using our platforms.
Benefits & culture
We work from our custom fitted out offices in the iconic Park Hill, right next to Sheffield Train station. We have views over the city, green spaces front and back and plenty of space.
We equip everyone with a Macbook as standard (but if you’d rather work on something else, we won’t force you!).
There is the potential for EMI share options.
We are very open to flexible and remote working, so if you’re interested in the role but not able to work in the office everyday, you can sometimes work remotely.
- Become an encyclopedia of knowledge about how our products work and what they are capable of. Use that knowledge to help our customers apply this to their businesses.
- Coordinate other team members to ensure onboarding, support tasks or technical issues are progressed and resolved quickly.
- Become an expert on data and CRM systems and apply that knowledge to help guide clients on best practice for organising and segmenting their data.
- Ensure that all customers have a great experience with our products – where the product ever falls down on reliability, usability or speed, be the voice that gets that information back to our product team so we can fix it. Through your feedback and empathy with our customers’ challenges, you will be able to influence the direction of our products.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers, whether it be via our ‘support desk’ (Intercom), email or over the phone.
- Day to day, monitor and encourage the use of our adopted ‘support desk’ software (Intercom). Provide timely and helpful responses to any inbound questions.
- Proactively help our customers through the onboarding stage, diarising calls and email progress updates and removing roadblocks where they appear.
- Craft and maintain our support centres, writing and updating articles to help reduce the amount of times you have to answer the same questions by delighting our customers with a place that they can self-service their support queries.
- Accompany Account Managers on strategic account reviews from time to time.
- Where our clients need hands-on extra help with their email marketing on the Airship platform, coordinate and guide them to effective automated and broadcast email marketing outputs.
- Be positive and a force for good in the team – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focussed. Remain calm and stable under pressure.
- Help to make Airship a great place to work. Help us maintain and build morale and to make our work fun!
Skills & Experience
You will be expected to have:
- Excellent communication and writing skills, the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise English
- A great track record of coordinating and managing projects with different moving parts
- The ability to form great working relationships with our clients
- A passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Great problem-solving abilities and experience in a troubleshooting environment
- Marketing know-how and a passion to help our clients succeed
- The ability to manage workload and work to deadlines
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- A creative mindset
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Experience of using a support desk solution such as Zendesk, Intercom or equivalent
- Experience with CRM and Email Marketing
- Experience of working in a SCRUM environment
- Experience in a digital or web agency or equivalent
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience.
Job Location: Sheffield City Centre (5 mins walk from the train station)
Holidays: 20 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us
How to apply
To apply, send your CV, covering letter and any other supporting materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org