Get to Know Who, How Often And Where Your Customers Visit With Our Proof of Presence Metrics. Welcome to The World of PoP.
Proof of Presence. Proving presence. Being able to prove that someone was present. Knowing when your customers were there. However you describe it, that’s what PoP is all about. In short, PoP takes all your existing data points that demonstrate a person on your database was in one of your locations (think booking, WiFi, unique code redemption), consolidates and deduplicates all that information, and tells you all sorts of stuff about the visiting habits of your database.
Let’s run through some conveniently structured questions that’ll help us explain more about it.
What is PoP?
PoP is the name we’ve given to a series of metrics that tell you who, where and how often your database physically visit your locations. It’s the acronym of Proof of Presence, if you’d not worked that one out already.
How does it work?
Through our integrations, Airship has always had data all over the place that is evidence of someone physically visiting a location. For example, if they connected to WiFi, we know that they were there. If they redeemed a unique code, we know they were there. If they left feedback, we know they were there. You get the idea.
Airship has all the underlying data, but our PoP metrics consolidate and deduplicate all that data across all those sources into PoP reports that allow you to look at all the visits made by anyone across your database.
The deduplication of data is an important thing to note: if someone makes a booking, comes in, uses WiFi, redeems a code and then leaves feedback - that’s all just one PoP. Yep - we’ve thought this thing through.
What will I actually see?
PoP manifests itself in a series of reports that you can run any time and however often you want. These are the reports that are available to all of Airship’s users. If you’re not an Airship user, then you should be.
Presence frequency - how many times people have visited you within a date range
Repeat presence rate - how often those who have visited you visit more than once
Return visit rate - the number of visits by customers
What’s so good about using PoP?
- It uses existing data points and integrations so there’s no need to set up anything extra to get it all working, or to inform your customers of any change.
- To increase the accuracy of your PoP data, you can add integrations as you go along. It’s something you can have immediately, and work to gradually improve as time and budget allows.
- It doesn’t require any your database to make a conscious effort to remember to do something and make themselves known in-store.
- All this is at no extra cost - it’s just part of Airship as standard.
- PoP takes into account the activity of your entire database, not just the portion signed up to something like a loyalty scheme.
- It allows you to understand the visit behaviour of your database, broken down location by location or as part of your entire database
- PoP gives you understanding and control to marketeers who are looking to truly understand the effectiveness your efforts by reporting on the visit frequency across all locations.
- PoP can tell you how your databases are performing from location to location - you can, therefore, adapt, test and tailor your approach accordingly.
- Use it to measure the real-world impact of your marketing and to understand when you should be sending emails, to who, and with what message.
- PoP promotes a longer-term strategy that seeks out genuinely effective customer journeys over time. It’s not about that one killer reactive email - it’s about putting foundations in to achieve joined up journeys that get people back in to see you.
As you can see, the power and potential of PoP is huge. It’s a super way to demonstrate what your database is doing for you. It’s through this learning that, in order to drive PoPs and increase the data, a joined-up approach and consistency with all the data will naturally become the priority. As will the focus of all this marketing activity: getting people in to visit you.
There are, of course, no perfect solutions, but we’d love to chat it through with you to see how PoP can give your marketing a refresh armed with new information and a new purpose.