We Are Hiring: an Account Growth Manager
Who are we?
Airship is a hospitality focused SaaS (software as a service) company - with our head office in Sheffield but with our commercial team spread all across the country, in a variety of remote roles.
We have two products that support over 700 hospitality groups - including some of the most exciting brands in our sector. The likes of The Alchemist, Honest Burgers, Shepherd Neame, Loungers, Rudy’s Pizza, Yo! Sushi and many more.
We’re a small team all pulling in the same direction, we take pride in our work and are focused on delivering best in class solutions that allow operators to put their customers back and the heart of their business, as well introducing brand new, out of venue revenue streams in the most simple manner possible.
We’d like you to join us as the latest member of our commercial team and continue our journey of four-fold growth that we’ve seen for the last three years running.
What will you be doing?
Over recent years our customer facing team has consisted of two departments - new business sales & customer success. Sales have brought in roughly 30 new brands per month, and customer success has ensured a smooth onboarding experience and readily available support throughout the relationship.
Once operators reach the end of their original minimum term contract they move to a rolling agreement - our customer churn rate runs at roughly 1% so we’ve not been focussed on pushing for a renewal. However, only a quarter of our customers use both Airship & Toggle, even though they are both most powerful when used in conjunction. Also, many of our customers are now on a pricing plan from several years ago. Our standard pricing now reflects the huge amount of work that has gone into the platforms since 2019, the new features and integrations introduced and the increased size & experience of our Customer Success team.
We have also introduced a series of ‘Boosters’ which are additional features that operators can choose to bolt-on to the platforms to drive specific behaviour, or enable a new type of activity. Such as Toggle Champions, Airship Teams, Toggle Tickets or Airship Loyalty.
Finally, many of our customers are simply unaware of best practices that they could be taking part in, or the abundance of support they could be taking advantage of.
- You will be the first member of our sales team focused on existing-accounts. Reporting directly into our Head of Sales, Luci Cunningham.
- You will be responsible for managing the renewals for our existing customer base across both Airship & Toggle, working closely with our finance & customer success departments. Your focus will be primarily on the commercial opportunities within each account; first and foremost protecting the existing revenue - then focusing on all opportunities to increase the value of each customer. This will be achieved by:
- Renewing each customer at the end of each agreement, and moving them to a fair price point for both parties.
- Searching for cross-selling opportunities; pitching Airship to Toggle customers, and Toggle to Airship customer where they’re not using both platforms already.
- Upselling the relevant boosters to each customer, adding to their monthly billing in exchange for a more powerful version of their current solution.
- Highlighting opportunities for one off payments which will enable certain activity for the operator. Such as the addition of SMS credits, for text message marketing, or the purchase of physical cards to be sold in venue, increasing the awareness of the gift card scheme.
- Directing customers to our online academy, training sessions or direct introductions to our customer success team if we believe they could be using the platforms to better effect.
- Introducing customers to the most suitable of our 100+ integrated partners, to enhance the data flowing into Airship, or the functionality available through Toggle.
- Securing customer case studies, to support our marketing department, where a customer has used either platform for particularly strong results or in an innovative manner.
- Securing recommendations and introductions into other new business opportunities or potential new integrated partners.
- Reporting back to the company feedback from our customer base. Main areas for concern, biggest opportunities, and the general feel of what's happening across our customers.
- Attending industry events to network with existing accounts and grow your own personal brand within the sector.
- Bring up the average in an already positive and ambitious team. Being a force of good in the company – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focussed. Remaining calm and stable under pressure.
- Protect our reputation across the sector, and aim to always do the right thing, pushing for fair solutions that are a win / win for both us and the customer. Never looking to simply take the most you can from each opportunity, but to ensure each party gets the most possible from each conversation.
Skills & Experience
You will be expected to have:
- A love for the hospitality industry.
- Several years sales experience, including contract negotiations, new business sales and subscription renewals.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise English.
- The ability to build informal but professional working relationships with our clients, quickly.
- A commercial mindset, allowing you to quickly spot a variety of options for each customer, all of which drive a higher value to us but also a greater ROI for the customer.
- A passion for talking to customers all day, every day. Over the phone, via email and face to face.
- Great problem-solving abilities and experience in a troubleshooting environment.
- The ability to work autonomously with a strong sense of self-motivation.
- A creative mindset. Marketing know-how and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The ability to manage workload and work to deadlines.
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail.
- An interest in data and knowledge of the GDPR.
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Specific B2B contract renewals experience.
- Experience with CRM and Email Marketing.
- Experience within the Hospitality industry.
- Experience within a SaaS company.
- Project management experience.
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: £30k - £35k basic with £15k additional OTE, depending on experience. Uncapped commission structure.
Job Location: Full remote working available. However you will be expected to travel to Park Hill, Sheffield (5 mins walk from the train station) regularly within your first 6 months. With team days hosted in Sheffield every couple of months on an ongoing basis. We have a London based contingent who also regularly meet up and work together in central London.
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays and your birthday off each year. Go celebrate!
10% time: Access to the company’s training & development platform to enhance current and desired skills.
Health Insurance: Full private health insurance provided.
Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Plus secure bike storage at our office, if you’re local!
Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, it's welcome at the office!
Electric car lease scheme also available.
Read more at https://airship.co.uk/more/careers
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com along with a short email about yourself and why you’re interested in the role. We look forward to speaking soon.
See how it works for yourself
The Joiner’s Kitchen is our fictional restaurant with a very real digital guest journey. Head over there, sign up, and experience the basics of what Airship can do for yourself.