We are Hiring a Business Development Executive
Title - We Business Development Executive
Start date: Immediate
Reporting into: National Sales Manager
Location: Remote / Hybrid (teams in Sheffield & London)
Who are we:
Airship is a SaaS company with a focus in hospitality. We’re a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do. We have two platforms that help brands generate revenue & repeat footfall:
Airship (airship.co.uk) is a data driven loyalty engine specifically designed for hospitality operators. We bring together all the clients data feeds and provide marketing tools that drive an increase in footfall and customer spending, through automation and campaign tools. We have specific tools that help our clients understand and affect the visit frequency of their customers, which we call ‘Proof of Presence’.
Toggle (usetoggle.com) enables customers to generate pre-sold revenue through the sale of gifts, experiences and promotions. Launching in October 2018 and quickly becoming the default choice in the sector - with over 350 customers across 2,500+ locations.
Collectively, our platforms are used in over 5000 locations from larger operators such as Shepherd Neame, Village Hotels, Revolution Bars, Tortilla, and Roadchef through to smaller groups and independents, such as Junkyard Golf, The Alchemist, Incipio, and Nobu. We are a team of 39 and are now ready to appoint someone to support the growth in our Sales team to take us to the next level.
What can you expect:
As our Business Development Executive, you’ll be working closely with our National Sales Manager and our Customer Success team. You’ll be responsible for generating your own sales, alongside our inbound opportunities, and hitting monthly sales targets by winning new business. A big part of this role is liaising with Customer Success to enable our customers to get the best onboarding experience. Most importantly we want you to have a passion for delivering value, being part of a team, and a hunger for sales.
Airship is highly regarded in the sector for being a leading SaaS platform for hospitality brands and we would like you to uphold and complement our reputation; we’re an honest, friendly company with a real passion for hospitality. We would like you to have a similar approach through face to face client meetings, attending industry conferences and events as an Airship ambassador, building relationships with partners and new business opportunities.
When you join you’ll be immersed in the world of Airship & Toggle, the hospitality sector, and our culture. You will be expected to sell both of our platforms and what value they add to our customers. You will have time to learn from various team members but we would like you to be happy to throw yourself in the deep-end, (with plenty of training & support of course).
This is a hands-on role so get ready to get stuck in. We’re looking for someone with positive energy and tenacity who is confident speaking to people, great at building relationships and able to self-motivate. The key requirement for this role is to generate new business opportunities, balancing a flow of inbound leads and generating your own outbound leads by making the most of our existing partners, case studies, relationships and PR, whilst upholding our reputation. We’re not a hard sell type business, but you will need to have some resilience about you to remain positive.
- Building your own pipeline of new business opportunities, across both platforms, through whatever combination of method’s you prefer; email, call, social media, F2F.
- Ensuring that customers and prospects are engaged in a way that only improves our reputation, always with respect.
- Handing new customers over to Customer Success in a manner which is helpful in giving the best opportunity for delivering the customer immediate value.
- Building your own network of operators & suppliers / partners in hospitality to grow your business and reach.
- Being a pair of eyes and ears for our Product Development & Customer Success teams to ensure that we continue to evolve (and quickly) in the right direction.
- To build your own understanding and appreciation of the UK hospitality sector.
- Maintaining your own forecasts and reporting of sales opportunities on a monthly basis.
- Working closely with our Sales Manager to support larger opportunities and projects - with an aim to eventually take these on yourself.
- Bringing a level of enthusiasm and positivity to your role everyday and be a great team player.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Sales experience preferred - with a proven track record of achieving KPI’s.
- Comfortable picking up the phone and cold calling / sending out cold emails to new prospects.
- A creative and never-give-up attitude.
- A passion to work hard and ambition to progress.
- Highly organised and able to react quickly to opportunities.
- Attention to detail in reporting and recording progress.
- A great ability to work under your own initiative with a high work ethic.
- Ability to speak with people of all levels.
It would be great, but not essential…
- Some hospitality experience. We are hospitality focused therefore beneficial if you have worked in this environment or have an understanding of who our audience is and what problems we might solve for them.
- Some experience in selling SaaS solutions (Software as a Service).
- Some experience working with a CRM platform, such as Pipedrive or similar, for managing sales pipelines.
Salary, Benefits & Culture:
We have embraced the work from home lifestyle and offer all team members the choice of working remotely or utilising the office spaces we have available, both in Sheffield where our head office is located, and London where a growing number of our team members are based.
We have regular paid for social events including ‘Walk Wednesday’ which takes place in the summer months, every other Wednesday you can join the team for a walk around the Peak District, a stone's throw from our head office, which normally ends in a pub! We have regular end of month team outings to celebrate the victories & achievements from that month - and of course, because we’re part of the hospitality sector, a social event is never too far away.
Let’s get down to business though…
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 + commission (OTE £36,000 - £40,000)
Holidays: 20 days holiday + bank holidays + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us
10% time: 10% of your time to learn something new.
Equipment: We equip everyone with a Macbook, or laptop of your choice as well as anything else needed to efficiently work from home including a £250 budget for a comfy chair and desk.
Health insurance: Full private health insurance provided.
Personal stipend: Monthly stipend for your own personal development and well-being (which can be spent on a gym membership for example).
Dog Friendly Office: they’re just as much part of the team as you are!
How to apply:
Please email Luci@airship.co.uk including an up to date copy of your CV and a short cover letter as to why you think you are the right person for this role.