We are hiring a Customer Support Representative
Who we are?
Airship is an established SaaS (software as a service) company based in Sheffield. We have two products that serve the best and most exciting brands in the UK hospitality industry - think Byron, The Alchemist, Leon, Turtle Bay, Chilago, Boxpark and many more.
We’re a small team all pulling in the same direction with a focus on camaraderie, support, good work and good fun, and we’d like you to join us as the latest member of our Customer Success team.
What will you be doing?
As a Customer Support Representative you will be the first point of call for reactive support requests from our customers. You will be responsible for answering customer queries, escalating where needed. You will take ownership of our support desk software (Intercom) to manage incoming queries, as well as writing and editing our support articles within our “Academy”, to allow our customers to self-help where they feel comfortable to do so.
You will work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure our customers are happy with our products, are being responded to quickly, and kept up to date with any new product features that we release.
You will know our products inside out and be responsible for learning any new features and ensuring these are fully documented ahead of release.
- Become an encyclopedia of knowledge about how our products work and what they are capable of. Use that knowledge to help our customers apply this to their businesses.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for any incoming customer questions, this could be answering questions around how our products work, escalating to other team members or simply advising the best way to do things.
- You’ll become an expert with our support desk software (Intercom) to ensure all incoming requests are kept on top of and dealt with within our SLAs.
- You’ll maintain external communication with our customers to inform them about any new features or updates to our products. This will include creating weekly newsletters & updating any chat bots / pop ups with the most up to date information.
- Craft and maintain our support centres, writing and updating articles to help reduce the amount of times you have to answer the same questions by delighting our customers with a place that they can self-service their support queries.
- Ensure that all customers have a great experience with our products - where the product ever falls down on reliability, usability or speed, be the voice that gets that information back to our product team so we can fix it. Through your feedback and empathy with our customers’ challenges, you will be able to influence the direction of our products.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers, whether it be via our ‘support desk’, email or over the phone.
- Be positive and a force for good in the team – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focussed. Remain calm and stable under pressure.
- Help to make Airship a great place to work. Help us maintain and build morale and to make our work fun!
Skills & Experience
You will be expected to have:
- Excellent communication and writing skills, the ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise English
- The ability to manage a large amount of incoming enquiries
- A passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- Great problem-solving abilities and experience in a troubleshooting environment
- The ability to manage workload and work to deadlines
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- A creative mindset
Beneficial, but not essential:
- Experience with CRM and Email Marketing
- Experience within the Hospitality industry
- Experience using Intercom for answering support queries
- Experience within a SaaS company
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20-22k depending on experience.
Job Location: Park Hill, Sheffield (5 mins walk from the train station)
Holidays: 28 days holiday + an extra day holiday for each year worked with us.
10% time: 10% of your time to learn something new
Health Insurance: Full private health insurance provided.
Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Plus secure bike storage at our office, if you’re local!
Dog Friendly: If you’ve got one, it's welcome at the office!
Electric car lease scheme also available
Read more at https://airship.co.uk/more/careers
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering email about yourself.
See how it works for yourself
The Joiner’s Kitchen is our fictional restaurant with a very real digital guest journey. Head over there, sign up, and experience the basics of what Airship can do for yourself.